Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Swimming in April??

I don't know where the month of April went - things were certainly busy at the Shumway house. Connor is playing coach pitch, Emma and Alli are both in dance getting ready for their June rehearsal and - OH YEAH - we went on a Caribbean cruise the end of April!! I'll do a separate post with some fun pics of the cruise but wanted to share these cute pics of the kids and our first time swimming this season. All of the kids LOVE the water and maybe next year we'll put a pool in. For now, we have lots of friends and family that let us use their pool. The water was only about 73 degrees that day. I knew Connor wouldn't care, he's a fish and the temperature doesn't seem to bother him. I was on the steps with Alli talking about how cold the water was and the next thing I knew she jumped off the steps and went in. The look of utter shock on her face was hilarious. She was freaking out about how cold it was and was looking at me like I'd pushed her in. I probably shouldn't have laughed so hard, but I couldn't help it. Anyway, after thrashing around a little bit, both her and Emma decided it was warm enough and they were off. Here's some cute pics of the kids before they start to get their Arizona summer tan!

Connor is such a stud and he LOVES his scuba goggles even if they do look a little(?) goofy!

Emma is still my most timid in the water and hopefully she'll get over that this year. She is finally swimming pretty good on her own, she just needs some major work on her form (or lack thereof =)

Alli loves to swim and can actually swim about half the length of the pool without floaties. However, I was not willing to follow her into the deep end (too cold for me) so I made her wear floaties. I can't wait to see her take off this year and gain some more confidence in the water!

6 comments:

Joele and Matt said...

Cute pics!! You guys are nuts though. No way I would get into a pool at 73 degrees!!!

Rushele said...

Your kids are so cute!
Always photogenic!!
Can't wait to see your cruise pictures. I'd love to go on a Carribean cruise...sounds like a lot of fun!!

Brenay Family said...

I remember being a kid...pool temperature did not matter! Your kids are so cute!

Elisha said...

Looks like they are having fun! Kids are crazy! I think our pool is still freezing and they have NO PROBLEM getting in!

barbafamily said...

Such cute pictures! I love all the cute smiles on their faces!

The Self's said...

Very cute kids...crazy but cute!! I totally agree with (who I'm sure is) Joele. I would NEVER go swimming in a pool that cold, my kids aren't water-dogs like yours are, they have to have a heated pool, or they won't get in.