Wednesday, March 26, 2008

S.Q.A.C.

About 7 years ago, my sisters, sister-in-law and mom founded the Scrapbooking Queens of America Club (SQAC). We started having crop nights at each others houses and soon realized it was not near enough scrapping time. So, with the support (?) of our husbands and families, we started an annual scrapbook weekend. It has been so much fun to get together once a year and scrapbook 'til we can't even see straight. We start Thursday as soon as we can get to my mom's house and scrap all weekend long (usually only getting about 5 hours of sleep each night). We scrap, watch movies, eat and visit. This year my oldest neice, Ashley, was invited and we inducted her by dressing her up as the "Queen of Quack" and made her go into Circle K and buy super sized tampons. She was a great sport and I haven't laughed that much in a long time. Anyway, I took a few pictures of my favorite layouts and thought I would share. I can't take complete credit for my layouts - I almost always "scrap-lift" (look at other people's layouts and copy/change them as I do my own pages). I hope someday my kids will appreciate all their cute pages and the life stories that go along with them. I guess it's my way of writing our family history and having some fun along the way. If you can't see them very well, click on the individual picture to see a bigger picture. Hope you enjoy!!

These are some of the cute pics I took in December of the kids. I had them enlarged and they turned out sooooo cute!

Fun pictures of when we took the kids to the beach!

The kids playing in the sand at the park - look at Alli's chubby cheeks!!

9 comments:

Joele and Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joele and Matt said...

Okay my feelings were getting hurt that you didn't invite your fav cuz to the scrapping weekend...until I saw how dang talented you are!!! Those are awesome and your kids are just dang cute:) When are we going to get together again?

Brenay Family said...

Jenny, I found it and these are so cute! My pages never turn out that cute, so I think I'll stick to the blog thing! Your kids are adorable!
Crystal

Joele and Matt said...

My post didn't make sense cuz I meant that you are way too talented for me!! I wish I had your talent. Now I hope this makes more sense.

barbafamily said...

How fun! I love the tampon story! That is hilarious! And, your pages are adorable - you are so talented!!!!

Rushele said...

I wish I had half the talent for scrapbooking that you do! You're stuff is really very cute!
I am so behind, I haven't even finished Raegan's first year...
The other day at the park was fun, I hope we can get together like that more often!

Rushele said...

I guess me being a stalker today and finding you will help us keep in touch better now..... I am shamefully addicted to blogging these days.

Nancy said...

Yay- Your alive and I love all your new pictures. Not that I didn't enjoy seeing your organized crayons, but you have such cute kids with amazing smiles.

Elisha said...

Hey! You are too funny! I hope you don't mind me peeking in on you guys every once in a while! I need to keep up on what's going on with your family since we don't see each other often enough anymore! The scrpabook weekend is such a great idea! Genius! You are really good at it too! Do you teach classes for those who are craft challenged? KIT