Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4th of July Fun

I love the 4th of July and dressing the kids up in red, white & blue. I'm so grateful for all the men & women that have served or are serving our country. I feel so blessed to have freedom and love to CELEBRATE the 4th of July!! We escaped the heat and headed up to Snowflake/Taylor for the 4th of July. The weather was SOOOO nice and we had so much fun. My entire family was in town and the cousins had a ton of fun playing together. There are 18 cousins - oldest is 15 and youngest 8 months - CRAZY TIMES!!

Friday morning we headed up to the Show Low parade. Here are some cute pics from the parade. All the kids were lined up waiting for someone to throw some candy out.



After the parade we hung out at my sister's house. The kids all went swimming in Aunt Julie's pool - thanks Aunt Julie for letting us all crash (destroy?) your house!!


On Friday afternoon we decided to head down to the ball fields and play a family baseball game. It was super fun and the kids all had a blast! I also got to visit with my bestest friend in Taylor - Jolene. She has a little girl (Brooklin) a few weeks older than Alli and she happened to stop by the ball fields while we were there. It was so great to visit with her - if only she would update her blog more often (just kidding Jo!!) Here are some pics of the kids getting ready for baseball...



Taylor celebrated the 4th of July on Saturday morning with their traditional anvil explosion and the Jennings band. Dana headed out the door at about 5:00 in the morning with Connor in tow. Connor loves following the anvil and watching it explode into the air. I didn't even think to send the camera with Dana - so unfortunately no pics of that. All in all a great weekend with family, good food and all American FUN! We hope you all had a great 4th!!

6 comments:

Rushele said...

So jealous you were in cooler weather!!
And the smaller towns always have fun stuff for the holidays, especially the 4th!
Glad you all enjoyed your Independance Day!!!!

Joele and Matt said...

Sounds like fun. I can't believe you actually saw Jolene. I can't ever pin her down when I'm there. When are we going out again?!!!!

Brenay Family said...

Sounds like fun! We were in the mountains too...so much better than the heat of the valley!

barbafamily said...

Sounds like a great time! I'd love to have gone up to the cooler weather and experience the small town fun stuff! And, I love the hat collection! So cute of the kiddos modeling them :-)

The Self's said...

So sad we missed you guys. I did see Dana and Connor following the band though. Connor looked like he was thoroughly enjoying it! Funny thing happened...when I first saw Connor, Dana was out of the car, I saw this little boy who looked soooo familiar, but I just couldn't place him, then Dana got back in the car and I knew! I don't think I would have even recognized him if it wasn't for blogging=)

The Austin Family said...

OK, OK - I'll try to update my blog as soon as little league is over. Could be as soon as tonight (Shayna plays Winslow for championship - if they win we'll be in Cottonwood for the next week - Ugggh....). Joele are you coming up for the 24th celebration? Let's all get together. I will be here providing we're not still playing in Cottonwood (chances are slim). It was good to see you Jen, the kids are growing up way toooo fast.