Monday, August 11, 2008

1st Day of School

Connor & Emma started school last week. It was a day of mixed emotions for me. I don't want them to grow up so fast but I was a little excited to have a little free time (is that bad??) Connor started 2nd grade and has Mr. M this year. I'm glad Connor has a guy teacher this year - I think he'll do really well and Connor thinks Mr. M is the COOLEST! Emma has a very sweet but strict teacher this year which I think will be a perfect fit. She has lots of cute friends in her class and seems so grown up now that she's in 1st grade.


Emma is all about fashion. Last year I just shopped for her and then she wouldn't wear half of what I bought. This year we went shopping with my sister, Julie and her daughter, Shaelee and also Grandma. It was a fun girls shopping day and I was really proud (or should I be scared?) of Emma -- we were gone the whole day and she didn't complain once. I'm afraid she likes shopping WAY too much!


Connor is such the GQ little man. He would wear anything I bought for him but of course he is loving the plaid shorts and anything surf related. He looked so handsome and grown up when he walked into his classroom. He's getting so stinkin' tall that I'm afraid he'll probably outgrow me by the 4th grade. Oh, well, I guess that's not really much of an accomplishment =)


Anyway, it's now just Alli & me during the day and she asks me (or tells me) every day where we are going. She starts a 3 day preschool in September and is really excited about that. I'm sure she'll be bossing everyone around in no time!

8 comments:

Joele and Matt said...

I couldn't believe how big they have gotten. The time just goes to darn fast. I do kind of like the all day thing now just wished my kids did:)

The Self's said...

Hooray...isn't it great when your kids love school! Sure makes life easier. Your kids look soooo adorable! =)

Rushele said...

I love Ali's little smile in that picture! So, she's your boss, huh?! Raegan is pretty good at that herself, not quite sure where she gets that gene from though.....
Your big kids are so cute! They are growing up so fast, not fair!!!

barbafamily said...

They look SO cute and happy! And, your trip looks like it was SO much fun!

Shanna said...

Can't believe how big they are getting Jenny!!!! CRAZY!!!

Sarah said...

Hey Jenny! I am tagging you! If you don't want to do it I totally understand!! To find out more about it, go to my blog!

Turleygirl said...

Hey there, Birthday girl! I know that today is your birthday & realized I don't have your email address. So, I am sending a great big birthday wish your way. Hope it is a fabulous day!!!

Crick Martindell said...

Hey I was excited to see your blog...I haven't been doing this for too long...wow it was really fun to see pictures of your kids...man tell me about your kids growing up...I have a senior this year...geez, I am not that old! You look wonderful and so do your kids!