Thursday, August 7, 2008

San Diego was a BLAST!!

Thanks to my sister CERISE we headed to San Diego last week for a quick vacation before school started. We stayed in a condo right on the beach and it was so much fun!! My kids all loved the beach and it was so relaxing to just sit and watch them and, of course, read my Stephenie Meyer books (yeah, I'm addicted and have already finished Breaking Dawn...sooooo good). Anyway, back to the vacation. Dana was lucky enough to go golfing at Torrey Pines (where the US Open was just held). He loved the course but said it was BRUTAL!! We also took the kids to Lego Land on Thursday for Emma's 6th Birthday. I can't believe my little Emma is 6 years old and now in the 1st grade. Happy Birthday to Emma - our little princess!! Here are some fun pictures of our awesome week!

Alli loved playing at the edge of the water but wouldn't go much farther than that - thank goodness!! She was usually completely covered in sand and loved digging in it.

Emma is a SEA SHELL lover! She was constantly scouring through the sand trying to find any shell she could. She got a little braver by the end of the week and would go out in the water until it was almost to her waist.

Connor is a WATER lover and learned to boogie board. He's such a natural athlete and once he learned how he spent all his time catching waves!!


Here's a super cute picture of Emma and Alli with their cousin, Kenzie. They all play so great together and we love spending time with cousins.


Connor and his cousin, Steven both love to golf. Luckily, so do both of the dads so they both got to go golfing and had soooo much fun!



Cerise has two older kids - Ashley and Bradley. They are both such awesome cousins to my little ones and we really appreciated having them there to help with the kids. Also, Ashley loves the Stephenie Meyer books too so she went with me at midnight to Barnes & Noble to get our books!!

5 comments:

Sandra said...

What a fun trip! I love the beach! We are headed there for our vacation next month, can't wait! I too love the Stephenie Meyers books..sooo good! Oh, and I just have to say that your kids are just down right adorable! :)

Rushele said...

How fun!! I'm so jealous! We love San Diego and the beach. But of course, no beach vacation this year. Not yet anyway!
And I'm glad to hear from you, and many others that Breaking Dawn is so good. I started her other book The Host a while ago, and am a slow reader, so I'm quickly trying to finish that one before I start the new one so I won't have to re-read what I've already gone thru. I'm going nuts though!!

Turleygirl said...

Looks like fun! What cute, cute kids you have.

Joele and Matt said...

Glad you had fun and Happy Birthday Emma!! I am loving Breaking Dawn and wish I didn't have so many things conflicting so I can finish it already!!! I had preordered it and the darn thing didn't come till Tues. AAAARRRGGHHH! Loved your pics and hope to hear from ya soon:)

Shiloh McKinnon said...

I am reading Breaking Dawn right now and I cant wait to see how it ends! Your beach trip looks so fun! We go the last week in July every year with my family and it is by far our favorite trip. By the looks of your pics I would guess you stayed at our same place. North Coast Village???? We have an ocean front condo and all that seperates us from the sand is a tiny wall and it is heaven. Whats funny is that we celebrated my little ones birthday there too!