Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Last Day of School!!

I was so ready for school to be out and my kids to be home with me. They had such a great year and we're READY FOR SUMMER!!

Emma's kindergarten teacher this year was SO GREAT!! She is super sweet and Emma is really going to miss her. Here's Emma with the best kindergarten teacher EVER!!

Emma loves to sing and I was so excited to attend her kindergarten program. I was not prepared for her sadness - she cried with her head down the ENTIRE program. It was soooo sad! I think she wasn't feeling that great and when she saw me come into the cafeteria she wanted to sit by me and not with her class. Oh, well, here's a sad picture.

She did perk up as soon as the program was over and it was time for snacks!!

Connor is sooo excited to be a 2nd grader next year. He took off this year and did awesome in math. His teacher was great and we're going to miss her!

Here's Connor with a few friends - Carson & Christian.


Now - Speaking of summer - the last day of school was crazy weather here and not like summer at all! My kids wore jackets to school and as we were walking home from school it rained on us and was actually chilly!

Right after school we drove to Utah for a wedding and guess what?? We got snowed on more than once. When we stopped for gas in Panguitch it was snowing - the kids were trying to catch snowflakes on their tongues - it's a little hard to see the flakes but they were there!! Anyway, it was freezing!!

2 comments:

The Self's said...

That's so funny about Emmaat her concert, it sounds like something Kirstie would've done. I have to disagree on the Kindergarten teacher though... Kirstie's teacher was AWESOME! She actually got Kirstie to participate in class, and that's no small accomplishment.

Rushele said...

What a fun trip in the crazy weather!
I'm wishing we had some of that cooler weather now....I'm beginning to get miserable as it gets warmer and warmer.